I fell in love with the food of Malaysia during my travels there. The rich, exotic curry dishes were some of my favourites. Malaysian Curry takes its flavours from India and Malay cuisines with hints of cinnamon, cumin and roasted coconut. My Marion’s Kitchen Malaysian Curry Kit makes it so easy to prepare this flavour-packed dish for the whole family – just add chicken and potatoes.
- 800g’s of chicken thigh fillets or drumsticks
- 3 medium potatoes (about 300g)
- ½ cup of water
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- Steamed rice to serve
How To Cook
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large saucepan or wok with a lid. Fry my Malaysian Curry Paste for about a minute or until it starts to smell yummy. Then add chicken pieces and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring every so often, until the chicken starts to change colour.
- Now is the time to pour in the creamy Coconut Milk, 1/2 cup of water and your potatoes. Stir to combine.
- Stir through the Dried Chilli & Spice. Cover with a lid, turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and gently simmer for a further 10 minutes to thicken up the sauce. Serve with steamed rice and enjoy!
Spice it how you like: For more spice, chop up the dried chillies before you add them. For less spice, don’t use any dried chillies and add an ½ cup of water.