A delicious authentic San Choy Bow that you can have on the table in about 20 minutes.
IN THIS PACK
- vermicelli noodles
- sanchoy bow sauce
- water chestnuts
- crushed peanuts
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 500g pork, chicken, turkey or beef mince
- 1 spring onion, ends trimmed, finely sliced
- 12 lettuce or cabbage leaves
How To Cook
- Place Vermicelli Noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for 3 minutes or until soft but not soggy. Drain noodles and rinse with cold water. Cut into short strips using scissors or a knife. Set aside for later.
- Heat oil over medium heat and fry mince until evenly browned. Pour in San Choy Bow Sauce and mix through mince. Simmer for a couple of minutes to let the mince absorb that tasty sauce.
- Open up those crunchy Water Chestnuts, drain away the liquid and pop them into the pan along with your softened Vermicelli Noodles. Toss to combine, then remove from heat.
- Sprinkle mince mixture with the Crushed Peanuts and sliced spring onion. Serve with lettuce or cabbage leaves and napkins for messy fingers!
Add sliced shitake mushrooms to your san choy bow mix for something special. Make this a vegetarian meal by using firm tofu and mushrooms instead of meat.