Photography by : Claudio Raschella
I love messy food…the dribble of sauce down your chin, the licking of fingers. Mussels, in particular, are such a great hands on food. I forego the serving of spoons and use empty mussel shells to scoop and slurp. A hunk of crusty bread will mop up the rest.
- Marion’s Kitchen Thai Green Curry, which includes
- – THAI GREEN CURRY PASTE
- – COCONUT MILK
- – DRIED HERBS & CHILLI
- – BAMBOO SHOOTS
- 2kg (about 4 lb) mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1 Tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup Thai basil leaves (use Italian basil as an alternative)
- thick slices of toasted bread to serve
How to Cook
1. Heat oil in a large pot over low heat. Add my THAI GREEN CURRY PASTE and cook, stirring until it’s sizzling and smelling yum. Add COCONUT MILK, DRIED HERBS & CHILLI. Turn up the heat and wait for the curry sauce to start simmering again.
2. Drain and discard the liquid from the BAMBOO SHOOTS and add the shoots to the curry. Now throw in the mussels and stir to combine. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes or until mussels open up. Remove from heat and stir through basil.
3. Ladle mussels and sauce into bowls and serve with bread to soak up all that yummy sauce.